Reliable wheel alignment service in Maidstone
Wheel alignment, or tracking, describes the angle at which the tyres are positioned, in other words, the direction in which they are set and how they make contact with the road.
To achieve that position, as recommended by the manufacturer, we at the AN Tyres Wheel Alignment service, provide the steering and suspension adjustments for ensuring your vehicle’s wheels are set to the optimum position as per the car manufacturer’s specifications and are optimized for maximum contact with the surface of the road.
Why is it important to have your wheels properly aligned?
- It helps your tyres last longer Inappropriate tyre alignment may cause irregular wear, as tyres would likely be exposed to a stronger friction on one side, which would make that area prone to puncture. Proper wheel alignment will help your tyres last longer.
- It helps you save fuel Misaligned wheels create higher tire drag, which engines try to compensate and so burn more fuel in the process. Hence, correct wheel alignment may contribute to lower fuel consumption.
- It is a matter of safety Misaligned wheels could damage your suspension, which could lead to serious damage. However, it also has a more immediate effect, and it may make steering much more difficult. Especially when driving at high speeds, so it is important that you check your car as soon as you see any of the signs of tyre misalignment.
How to recognise if your vehicle needs a wheel alignment service?
Most popular signs of wheel misalignment include:
- Difficult handling, when keeping your vehicle travelling in a straight line seems like a much harder work than it used to
- Fuel consumption higher than usual
- Your car seems to drag to one side
- Unusual vibrations, especially when driving at higher speed
- Uneven tyre wear
When you experience one or more signs listed above, it is best to make an appointment at your nearest garage and investigate. If you suspect your wheels may be misaligned, contact us on 016 2286 2151, 077 1533 1533 and take advantage of our FREE CAR CHECK.
How to avoid causing wheel misalignment?
The most popular cause for tyres getting out of line is bumping into a high pavement, driving over a pothole or hitting something on the road – so best advice is to drive carefully. Stay safe!
Tyres: Budget Tyres, Mid-range Tyres, High quality Tyres | Tyre Services | Tyre Fitting | Puncture Repairs | Wheel Balancing | Car Servicing | Car Repairs: Brakes, Exhausts, Batteries, Suspension Repairs, Steering Repairs, MOT Repairs | Car Body Repair | Engine Repairs: Timing Belts (Cam belts), Clutch, Head Gasket, Engine Replacement | Computer Diagnostic | Free Car Check